The #NoBareLips30 Challenge is the creation of Keiko Kavari. I was introduced to her and the challenge via Twitter last fall and had a blast testing out my lip products and seeing the other ladies (and a couple of guys) showcase theirs.
I posted about the previous NoBareLips30 challenge here but to recap participants in the challenge are basically showing off their lip looks via social media from April 28, 2014 – May 27, 2014 with the hashtag #nobarelips30. While the challenge is 30 days long no one is obligated to participate each and every day so don’t be discouraged. The main point of the challenge to have fun and enjoy yourself so don’t let missing some days get you down.
The Details(via keikokavari.wordpress.com)
- We start on April 28, 2014! We end on May 27, 2014.
- We have a calendar for this season! As we get closer to the date, I will post it. Just know that you will need a red, a pink, a brown, a nude, and a bunch of fun shades!
- Please don’t feel obligated to participate on every day. I will post every day, but sometimes, it’ll be a guest!
- Use the hashtag: #NoBareLips30 and please unlock your accounts for the thirty days. I want to be able to see the posts!
- Have fun!
- Have more fun!
- Tell your friends and family!
- Check out the tanks, tees, and hoodies! I decided to do a TeeSpring campaign to help spread the word!
- I want to hear from you all! I’m on Instagram, Facebook, tumblr, Twitter, and Pinterest with the same username. I want to know that you’re participating. I want to hear the cool stories. I want to discuss color combinations. I want to compare dupes and learn about new products!
- Keep having fun!
Here are some additional words from Keiko Kavari about NoBareLips30:
“My reasons for hosting the challenge are similar. I wanted to do something fun as winter was approaching. I wanted to prove that it is possible to wear various shades of pink, red, purple, brown, and orange as a brown lady. I wanted to throw on my lipstick and snap selfies without having to answer to the inquiries of who I was looking good for. I love makeup, especially lipcolor, and that’s awesome! I wanted to show that I love my face with or without makeup.” (keikokavari.wordpress.com)
One of the wonderful things about the NoBareLips30 to me was being able see to black women complimenting and encouraging each other. They were asking questions and sharing techniques. I loved searching the hashtag to see new pictures. So I’m thankful for Keiko Kavari doing it last Fall and now bringing it back again for Spring.
Be sure to follow Keiko Kavari on via Instagram, Facebook, tumblr, Twitter, and Pinterest so you can stay updated on NoBareLips30. Search the hashtag #nobarelips30 so you can see the ladies that participated last year. Also check out her TeeSpring campaign for the challenge as well.
UPDATE: Here is a link to the optional calendar to follow while participating in No Bare Lips 30. I think this is going to be a lot of fun.