I love red lipstick. This blog is called Bury Me In Red Lipstick after all so it makes sense. However, I know everyone isn’t quite there. For one reason or another some are apprehensive about red lipstick. I’m here to say there’s no need. So here are 5 tips to help you jump in.
1. Leave fear at the door. There’s something out there for you. You are not limited by your skintone. From orange-reds to deep wines it’s out there.
2. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. Whether you go to the makeup counter or try it on at home, prep your lips for color. Banish dry skin with a lip scrub or toothbrush so you can get a clear view of how the color looks on your lips.
3. Add liner and mascara. A bare face with a red lip may be jarring to see for the first time. The liner and mascara will give you a glimpse into a finished look and help you better assess how it looks.
4. Return policies are you friend. Trial and error may seem daunting and expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Ulta, Sephora, and drug stores have good return policies. If you try something and it doesn’t look right take it back. Don’t let it gather dust in a drawer and cause you to get frustrated because you feel like you’ve wasted money.
5. Have fun. Experiment with finishes, stains, glosses. As long as you keep a positive outlook you’ll find something that works.
So will you try a red lipstick anytime soon?